Initial Goal

What if people could manage all their medical documents, appointments and other medical information in one place?

The medical sector (especially in Germany) is not very open to changes. It is a field, where a lot of documents have to be written, read and stored and passed on from one expert to another and to health insurances. Patients want to be informed openly and transparent. They want to know who can read their data, to whom it is passed on and where and how it is stored.

Hypothesis

My users need a way to have an overview of their health related issues in order to take early countermeasures against newly appearing health issues and track overall medical condition. I will know this to be true, when I see them using the app everyday and in conjunction with doctor appointments

My research taught me about the problem space and helped me to define my target audience. Theminimum age is 18 and the maximum is 80 years. Competitor analysis has revealed that there are quite a few apps already on the market and most health insurances have build their own. If my app shines in regard to usability, security and ease of use, there’s big potential to get a fair share of a still growing market.

Optimized site structure after Card sorting:

Testing process and results

Below are the most important findings of my conducted tests:

User flows

Before I started designing the first screens, I made sure, that the structure and different user flows are set up correctly

 

User persona: Norman, the surfer

One of three main user personas, I created

 

Wireframes

These are some of my first digital sketches where I laid out how a possible usage scenario could look like. Based on these, I developed more and more sophisticated screens.

 

Iterations

During the process I constantly gained new insights through user testing and peer feedback. It was important for the process to filter and prioritize all this incoming feedback to stay focused and further iterate the app. Below you can see some screens, I changed during development.

 

Clickable Prototype